Saturday, October 19, 2013

Love and Dancing for Me Always Go Together


As I ponder Love this month via Paige, Bob, and myself,  I am really feeling a shift of what Love is for me and its void in the way of a partner for so many years. But I also feel how big my love is for so many other people: my family, my dear friends - KC, Balt, NY, and more, my students, my coworkers, and more. I also have felt my love of things I enjoy so much: dance, biking, reading, exploring via orienteering and anthropologizing, meeting new people, water, and ice cream and Beyonce - see the travel entry :)
Well, I have found a new love these past 6 months and that is my niece Lily. I have two other lovelies - one nephew Ben and one niece/godchild Maggie-who is on fire! Lily was born with Down syndrome and because of that has provided so much opportunity and love for our family, along with some new unexpected challenges. This month is Down syndrome awareness month and my sister is anti-posting photos of her beloved on social media, which I respect. But this arrived today in my inbox, and boy did it cry out love.  I hope you enjoy.
http://5boysand1girlmake6.com/down-syndrome/the-little-dancer/

No comments:

Post a Comment