Thursday, August 1, 2013

Chapter 1...A delayed beginning

              On the 1st of the month,  the project manager will post the chapter for the month. Yet, I got started a bit late on this, and so didn't give my writer enough time to contemplate his involvement or his writing, so we are giving it a bit more time and allowing August to be a bit more fluid in how the chapter evolves


Today with the theme of being present, I was able to run through my new neighborhood and notice the beautiful flowers, enjoy listening to Grace Potter's All You Need is Love, and watch some Martha Graham dance videos.

I spoke with my wild card for August, who is not abiding by the rules or the labels. She is the non-labeled mid-month contributor who has decided to submit her "chapter" via mail and props. I will list those items and directives when they arrive.


My thoughts going into this month are definitely influenced by the book, The War of Art.  It talks about the resistance to going after your true self, and that when you are able to follow the difficult and challenging path of listening to your self, there are those who will light the way. I feel that my true self is speaking to me, and it is I who needs to have the faith, love, creativity to trust in following it. So Chapter 1 begins with a hope that my writers urging me to appreciate the present will help me begin.

3 comments:

  1. The first thoughts that move into my mind in response to this chapter come from T.S. Eliot: "Except for the point, the still point,
    There would be no dance, and there is only the dance.
    I can only say, there we have been: but I cannot say where.
    And I cannot say, how long, for that is to place it in time."

    ReplyDelete