Sunday, September 15, 2013

September wild card (from Dawn Twenter)

Faith: Knowing this Sun will rise again (cHAd)


Faith is defined in the dictionary as a belief and trust in and a loyalty to God or a firm belief even in the absence of proof.  To me faith is true definition of trusting.  Life certainly brings a lot of ups and downs.  Faith can definitely be tested, but I believe you can grow in faith through trials and tribulations.  I usually feel stronger after going through  situations that are challenging.  I have either learned or benefited from experiencing a tragedy or obstacle.  I know you have have surely  had some challenges.
I have always felt like music guides me through good days and bad.  What I have learned is that the music guides me, but the words move me.  It is what the music says that I believe and feel true in my heart.  It can quickly remind me of what my purpose and soul reason for existence is.  I agree with Kellie!  You need to get to know my friend Jesus!  You have never been alone!  Someone is there waiting to be on your side, ready for the journeys and adventures yet ahead for you!  There is a plan for you!
Here is my challenge.  I am giving you just one passage from a book I read to help push my faith further and deeper, the Bible.  When doing your meditation each day ponder this verse.  Proverbs 3: 5-6.  Use this verse to guide your thinking for the day.  Think about trusting in the fact there is a plan in place for you.
2nd, please listen to the CD that I have sent to you in the mail.  There are 16 songs (15 days plus a bonus song).  Listen to one song a day.  You may want to listen twice, once just to hear it, and then once to really listen to the words.  All the songs have a video to go along with on Youtube.  Sometimes it can be more powerful to watch and listen at the same time.   Each day in your journal (thanks Mindy), reflect on the song.  How did the song make you feel?  How can you apply the words in your own life?  Is there a phrase or verse that stands out to you and why?
Here is the list of songs and a little background of why I choose them
1. These Are the Words
My song to you!
2. Help Me Find It
Talks a lot about trusting
3. Voice of Truth
Also about Trust,  solo Elaina sang in church, her favorite band.
4. Good Morning
My happy song for the morning.
5. More Beautiful You
Love the message
6. Blessings
My song for Rebekah, but for life’s disappointments as well.
7. You Are More
Helps me to forgive myself and to let go of guilt
8. Worn
Reminds me that I am not alone, ever
9. Hello My Name Is
We all have a story, but I love that we all share the same name
10. We Won’t Be Shaken
Kelly’s cross country’s team’s theme song
11.  I Am Free
Song from Heath’s funeral, love, love, love!!
12.  Overcomer
You can do anything!

The last songs are selfish, but kind of sum up my feelings about faith, trust, and my journey with Jesus.  
13.  I’m not Home

14. Life Song

15. Live Like That


Bonus Track
16. Just Say Jesus
When there are no words...




My life has forever been changed!
Christian radio stations in your area
Air 1   98.7
KSTY 89.5

No comments:

Post a Comment